3D Nexus Community and Development Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Make sure you use your real E-mail address since registration cannot be completed without a valid one and is manually checked.

Filament detection HS ??

CocoVFR

Hello.
First, my english is not so good (schoolar one). So excuse me for my this.
I've downloaded the firmware "Artillery SWX1 Marlin 1.1.9 Advanced Firmware and GUI 2021-02-04" and these for the TFT. Everything gone well.
But after somme testing, it appear that the filament detection not work anymore...
What happed ?? Can i do something to reactivate it ?
There is some other thing: the M92 return only "OK", instead of return sentence like"M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E400.00". Is it normal ?
The M600 command doesn't work. Is it possible to activate it, (and where it should be done) ?
Thank's in advance.
Regards.

3DN Fen

Grand Poo-bah
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.
First, my english is not so good (schoolar one). So excuse me for my this.
I've downloaded the firmware "Artillery SWX1 Marlin 1.1.9 Advanced Firmware and GUI 2021-02-04" and these for the TFT. Everything gone well.
But after somme testing, it appear that the filament detection not work anymore...
What happed ?? Can i do something to reactivate it ?
There is some other thing: the M92 return only "OK", instead of return sentence like"M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E400.00". Is it normal ?
The M600 command doesn't work. Is it possible to activate it, (and where it should be done) ?
Thank's in advance.
Regards.
The firmware does not alter filament detection.
For M92, make sure you are using it properly with saves to eeprom, etc.. Set Axis Steps-per-unit
M600 is not enabled on the board and firmware by default. There are various other "hacks" out there that enable it, but not in this one.

CocoVFR

So.
I found something strange in the the firmware:
in the stock firmware:

#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR
#if ENABLED(FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR)
#define NUM_RUNOUT_SENSORS 1 // Number of sensors, up to one per extruder. Define a FIL_RUNOUT#_PIN for each.
#define FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the sensor.
#define FIL_RUNOUT_PULLUP // Use internal pullup for filament runout pins.
#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SCRIPT "M600"
#endif

And in the 3DN firmware:

//#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR
#if ENABLED(FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR)
#define NUM_RUNOUT_SENSORS 1 // Number of sensors, up to one per extruder. Define a FIL_RUNOUT#_PIN for each.
#define FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the sensor.
#define FIL_RUNOUT_PULLUP // Use internal pullup for filament runout pins.
#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SCRIPT "M600"
#endif

So, i think something gone wrong. No ?

3DN Fen

Grand Poo-bah
Staff member
Administrator
So.
in the stock firmware:

And in the 3DN firmware:

Nope. the board/LCD configuration wont recognize M600 anyways. Tons of posts about it and half a year of senseless fighting among the natives over it.

Fisisist

So.
in the stock firmware:

And in the 3DN firmware:

I tried to modify 3Dnexus firmware and upon compiling, I got a whole slew of errors. I don't fully understand but activating M600 is required for the printer to park waiting for you to switch filaments. Since it can't handle M600, it can't handle filament runout either. Apparently has something to do with LCD controller. Again not sure, but boy I would love to have mesh leveling AND runout sensor (M600).

3DN Fen

Grand Poo-bah
Staff member
Administrator
I tried to modify 3Dnexus firmware and upon compiling, I got a whole slew of errors. I don't fully understand but activating M600 is required for the printer to park waiting for you to switch filaments. Since it can't handle M600, it can't handle filament runout either. Apparently has something to do with LCD controller. Again not sure, but boy I would love to have mesh leveling AND runout sensor (M600).
Filament runout is hardware based on this machine. If you are using it for just doing multi colored prints, you dont even need M600 for that- never have.

Last edited: